The Arkansas Connection
Most people in Arkansas know the trivia tidbit about North Little Rock’s Old Mill appearing in the opening credits of the 1939 movie classic “Gone With The Wind.” In 2010, the mill and surrounding T.R. Pugh Park celebrated its 75th anniversary.
In 2014, it will be 75 years since the debut of the epic motion picture in Atlanta on December 15, 1939. The Loew's Grand Theater where the premier was held burned in 1978. It’s a pretty good guess then that the Old Mill is the one of only a few structures still standing from the movie. What better time to visit or revisit the much beloved Arkansas landmark.
Don’t expect it to look quite the same as it does in the movie (photo on main page). In GWTW, it is quite barren and almost desolate around the mill. The park now has beautiful trees, flowers, water features, and the famous concrete work made to look like wood crafted by Senor Dionicio Rodriguez.
Always a popular destination for visitors and locals, the park is located at Lakeshore Drive & Fairway Avenue in North Little Rock. Call 501-758-1424 for more information.