Page Tools

Skip Navigation LinksHome » Things To Do » Attractions » Attraction Detail Trip Planner

The Old Mill at T.R. Pugh Memorial Park

Central Region
Calculate Trip
Save to foursquare
Overview:
An authentic reproduction of an old water-powered grist mill, this striking structure appears in the opening scene of the classic 1939 film Gone with the Wind and is believed to be the only building remaining from the film. Built in 1933; designed to look old so it would appear as if it was built the 1800s. The park is decorated with sculptures of toadstools, tree stumps, and a tree branch-entwined bridge that connects the mill to the rest of the park. Senor Dionico Rodriguez, a sculptor and artist of Mexico City, was responsible for all the details of each piece of concrete work made to represent wood, iron or stone, as well as the designing of the foot bridges and rustic seats. The Old Mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Address:

The Old Mill at T.R. Pugh Memorial Park
3800 Lakeshore Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72119

GPS: N34.7916357 W92.2504150

Miscellaneous

  • No Smoking