The historic Mitchell-East Building and adjacent former bank include photographs, oral history, and artifacts focusing on the farm labor movement in the South and the tenant farming system of agriculture. During the early 1930s, the building housed the businesses of H. L. Mitchell and Clay East, two of the principal founders of the Southern Tenant Farmers' Union. This national union established July 13, 1934, in Tyronza by 11 whites and seven blacks conducted much of its business at the Mitchell-East Building. The organization, which included women and blacks in leadership positions alongside white males, is regarded as a forerunner of the 1960s civil rights movement. Home of the Tyronza seasonal Farmers Market.