Page Tools

Skip Navigation LinksHome » Things To Do » Attractions » Attraction Detail Trip Planner

Leake-Ingham Library

Timberlands Region
Calculate Trip
Save to foursquare
Overview:
The 1850 Greek Revival structure served as a regional Freedman's Bureau after the Civil War. It was first a law office ( for attorney William W. Leake), then the Freedman's Bureau and then served as Camden's first public library. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is believed to be the last remaining Freedman's Bureau left in Arkansas.

Address:

Leake-Ingham Library
926 West Washington Street
Camden, AR 71701

GPS: N33.5846147 W92.8442239