Camp White Sulphur Springs Confederate Cemetery
Used as a campground by a number of Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana units between late 1861 and early 1863. Many soldiers died of disease and were buried in this cemetery. Units known to have camped at the site include the 19th, 24th, 28th and 33rd Arkansas Infantry and Hart's Arkansas Battery, Nutt's and Denson's Louisiana Cavalry Companies, the 6th and 17th Texas Infantry and the 24th and 25th Texas Cavalry, Dismounted. The site hosts an annual memorial service, usually in October.