The Northwest Arkansas Naturals baseball team will hold its first ever Ballpark Open House this Saturday, March 26 from noon to 4 p.m. It’s free, and a fun way to get ready for the fourth season of baseball at Arvest Ballpark in Springdale.
The Northwest Arkansas Naturals are the Double-A Texas League affiliate of the Kansas City Royals.
My family loves to take in a game, especially on Friday nights when we get the added bonus of fireworks. My boys love watching for Spike, the Naturals mascot, and putting on their gloves in hopes of catching a foul ball.
According to the team website, the following activities will be offered for the Open House:
• Tours of the ballpark, including stops in the press box, the clubhouse, and on the field.
• Select inflatables will be open in our Kansas City Royals’ Kids Zone for the kids (weather permitting)
• The indoor batting cages will be open for you to practice your swing
• The Naturals’ Texas League Championship Trophy will be on display for pictures and viewing
• The box office will be open where you can purchase season tickets
The official team store of the Naturals, Red Dirt Outfitters, will be having a sidewalk sale for its grand re-opening as well, offering discounts on select merchandise. Red Dirt Outfitters has undergone a renovation in preparation for the 2011 season and will be featuring even more merchandise and a refreshed look for the new season. To celebrate its grand re-opening, select merchandise will be offered for 30-40% off.
Tours of the ballpark will leave from Arvest Ballpark’s main gate each half hour (on the hour and half-hour) beginning at noon, with the final tour departing at 4:00 P.M.
Special incentives exist specifically for those that purchase tickets during the Ballpark Open House:
• One (1) Naturals hat with each 7-Game Mini-Pack or 11-Game Pick-A-Pack purchased
• Or one (1) Naturals hat plus 4 tickets to a game in April for Weekend Plus Pack, Fireworks Pack, or Flex Pack purchased
• Single ticket purchasers can take advantage of a deal as well – for every ticket purchased to Opening Night (April 7th), receive a FREE ticket to another April game of your choice.
The 2011 season begins at 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 7 with a home game against the San Antonio Missions.. Visit Nwanaturals.com for information on season tickets and ticket plans. The ballpark’s opening day was April 10, 2008. It has a capacity of 6,500 plus berm and picnic areas. The Naturals play 70 home games. The park is located at the corner of 56th and Watkins.