Recently, Kris Allen performed in Benton at the Saline Summer Daze festival. Before the concert, he graciously gave me a few minutes of his time to share his favorite Arkansas venues. The following is a list of his top ten Arkansas destinations and his top reasons for listing them.
1. Pinnacle Mountain- “Great hike, great view.”
2. Devil’s Den State Park- “Who doesn’t love spelunking?”
3. Downtown Conway- “Great restaurants, shops, and cool loft apartments to live in.”
4. Petit Jean State Park- “Great hiking with rustic cabins. The waterfall and views there are breathtaking.”
5. Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium- “Incredible atmosphere with the best fans in America.”
6. Greers Ferry Lake- “Great campsites and plenty of room to do water sports. Also, awesome cliffs.”
7. Buffalo River- “You have to float the Buffalo.”
8. River Market/ Downtown Little Rock- “Cool venues, great restaurants, and Riverfest.
9. Booger Hollow- “There are six people and a coon dog that live here (according to my T-shirt).
10. Stoby’s in Conway- “Best cheese dip around.”
Listen and watch the interview and you will see that he really loves the Arkansas outdoors. I don’t want to give it all away. Go to our podcast page and watch for yourself.