Recently, Kris Allen performed in Benton at the Saline Summer Daze festival. Before the concert, he graciously gave me a few minutes of his time to share his favorite Arkansas venues. The following is a list of his top ten Arkansas destinations and his top reasons for listing them.
1. Pinnacle Mountain– “Great hike, great view.”
2. Devil’s Den State Park– “Who doesn’t love spelunking?”
3. Downtown Conway– “Great restaurants, shops, and cool loft apartments to live in.”
4. Petit Jean State Park– “Great hiking with rustic cabins. The waterfall and views there are breathtaking.”
5. Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium– “Incredible atmosphere with the best fans in America.”
6. Greers Ferry Lake– “Great campsites and plenty of room to do water sports. Also, awesome cliffs.”
7. Buffalo River– “You have to float the Buffalo.”
8. River Market/ Downtown Little Rock– “Cool venues, great restaurants, and Riverfest.
9. Booger Hollow- “There are six people and a coon dog that live here (according to my T-shirt).
10. Stoby’s in Conway- “Best cheese dip around.”
Listen and watch the interview and you will see that he really loves the Arkansas outdoors. I don’t want to give it all away. Go to our podcast page and watch for yourself.