If you live in Harrison, or maybe you’re visiting on business or pleasure, stop in Uncommon Grounds, located on Ark. 62/65, for more than coffee. You can also enjoy live music and art exhibits.
Here is the line-up of February events (no cover charge):
- Fri, Feb. 4, 7:30-10pm – Open Mic Night. Bring instruments and jam out. All types of music, poetry and artwork are welcome.
- Sat, Feb. 5, 7:30-10pm – Dirty Rug Band performs original rock jams.
- Sat, Feb. 12, 8-10pm – Holy Mountain is a rock band reminiscent of 70’s prog rock.
- Fri, Feb. 18, 7:30-10pm – Jeremiahs Call is a singer-songwriter that plays a variety of light acoustic music.
- Sat, Feb. 19, 7:30-10pm – Nocturnal Loons. This three-piece band plays a variety of modern and vintage rock, blues, and folk tunes.
- Sat, Feb. 26, 7-10pm – John McGarity w/ Northern Lights Studios Art Exhibit. John is a photographer who specializes in natural landscaping. He will be displaying his artwork and talking about his craft.
Uncommon Grounds is a four-time “Best of the Best” winner for “Best Coffee” as voted by readers of the Harrison Daily Times. Uncommon Grounds offers an excellent selection of espresso, coffee drinks, and specialty drinks. They also offer smoothies, Italian Cream Sodas and many other non-coffee drinks. They prepare a wide range of homemade pastries on site, including muffins, cookies, cheesecake, and brownies. Specialty sandwiches are also available and are made to order. Catering is available upon request.
UG is open Mondays – Wednesdays, 6:30 am – 8:00 pm; Thursdays, 6:30 am – 9:00 pm; Fridays and Saturdays, 6:30 am – 11:00 pm; and Sundays, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.