November 27 is the annual lighting ceremony of the historic 1907 Little River County Courthouse in Ashdown. The courthouse, which is still in use today, is a sight to see during the holiday season. During this time, lights adorn the courthouse from the dome to the lawn and the display illuminates downtown. The ceremony starts at 6 p.m.
Two Rivers Museum in town is also decorated for the season. Ashdown is located in Little River County, which got its name due to the area’s close distance to the Little River, a tributary of the Red River. The courthouse, which is Neo-Georgian in design and topped by a dome, was built in 1907 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The courthouse is located at 310 North Second Street. For more details call 870-898-2758 or visit littlerivercounty.org.