The tour combines music, hiking and biking for a one-of-a-kind, free outdoor experience. This year the event is offered in two locations: along the beautifully sculpted Art Trail near Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and along the Frisco Trail in downtown Fayetteville from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Rocky Grove Sun Company will provide solar-power for energy-efficient music for Trail Mix. No tickets or registration are required; this event is free and open to the public. For a map visit the Trail Mix page.
The fifth annual Artosphere spans May and June and features free and low-cost kids and family events, live music, visual arts and more throughout the region. Artosphere’s mission is to celebrate artists, influenced by nature, who inspire us to live more sustainable lives.
Trail Mix Concert routes:
Crystal Bridges Trails: Artists/musicians will be located at the following stops from 1-3pm:
- Artosphere Percussion near the Compton Gardens
- Carter Sampson at James Turrell’s The Way of Color
- Candy Lee & the Sweets at Dan Ostermiller’s Shore Lunch
- Artosphere Mixed Ensemble at the Twin Bridges area
- Artosphere Brass at the Tulip Tree Shelter off of the Tulip Tree Trail
- Street Drums Corps near the Champion Eastern White Pine
- Martha Redbone Trio at the Museum Store plaza
- Cry You One at Walker Landing
- Smokey & the Mirror at Celeste Roberge’s Chaise Gaibon
- Artosphere Strings at the Rock Ledge Shelter
In collaboration with Artosphere and Trail Mix, Family Sunday at Crystal Bridges will include hands-on fun in the museum, a trail scavenger hunt until 5pm and a family concert at 3pm in the Great Hall featuring Time for Three.
Frisco Trail: Artists/musicians will be located at the following stops from 5-7pm:
- Artosphere Brass at Prairie Street
- Artosphere Mixed Ensemble between Prairie Street and Mountain Street
- Candy Lee & the Sweets between Center Street and Mountain Street
- Carter Sampson at Meadow Street
- Street Drum Corps on Maser’s art installation, Under the Stars at Nadine Baum Studios
- Artosphere Strings near Powerhouse
- Martha Redbone Trio at Arsaga’s at the Depot
- Smokey & the Mirror at Maple Street
- Cry You One between W. Prospect and W. Douglas
- Artosphere Percussion at W. Prospect and N. Frisco
In collaboration with Artosphere and Trail Mix, UpStream Art will be leading a walking tour of the storm drain murals in the downtown area from 3-5pm, beginning at the Fayetteville Underground.
In case of rain, a change in location for will be announced closer to the date of the event. For more information about these performance or others, visit waltonartscenter.org.