Fun in the Sun -- Summer Vacation Ideas
The Arkansas outdoors are part of the reason that Arkansas is called the Natural State. When it comes to the outdoors, Arkansas is king. If you're looking for outdoor summer vacation ideas designed just for the girls, the natural choice is Arkansas.
Looking for a bargain? Some girls only weekend getaways are designed for excitement and adventure; others for the rest, relaxation and fun under the sun. Keep these great
summer vacation ideas in mind when planning your next Arkansas girls' getaway:
- On the River -- Shooting the rapids isn't just for the boys. Arkansas's rivers provide virtually every class of whitewater shoots, from tame class I and II at the Spring River to the class III and IV rapids of the Mulberry and Cossatot rivers. Easy-paddling canoe trips down the famous White and Buffalo rivers are popular as well.
- On the Lake - Strap on your water skis and glide across Lake Ouachita, Arkansas's largest lake, or snorkel Norfork Lake and see if you can spot the sunken city. Would you rather be on the water than in it? Then visit on the 4th of July and watch spectacular fireworks shows aboard a guided riverboat cruise, or rent a houseboat at DeGray Lake.
- Sun and Sand -- When's the last time you went sunning with the girls? Girls only weekend getaways start with free sun and free sand. Replace your cell phone and agenda with a bottle of sun lotion and a cool drink. Thereâ€™s a secluded sandy lakeside beach or river sandbar around virtually every bend.
- Championship Golf -- Tee off on several Golf Digest-rated 4 and 5-star courses across the state including Big Creek, Mountain Ranch and Stonebridge Meadows. After all, a bad day on the course with girlfriends beats a good day at the office.
- Camping -- Arkansas's over 2,000 campgrounds offer the opportunity to get back to nature and really "rough it"...or you can just pull up your RV. Whichever you choose, camping makes the perfect ladies night out under the stars.
Search Arkansas Hot Deals and Packages for special savings on outdoor activities and lodging.