Northwest Region- Sleigh Bells Ring in the Ozarks-Fayetteville, Arkansas
"Who knows' what you might find up the chimney" when you are working with Elf Julie Pennington, aka as the Marketing Manager for Group Tours in Fayetteville. Let her plan a few things that are most popular during the holiday season, and here are just a few ideas:
- Check into a hotel with deluxe accommodations including an expanded continental breakfast
- Admission to tour attractions with a professional elf of Northwest Arkansas to be your guide
- There will be lunch and dinner menus to choose for your tour
- Ride the polar express through the Ozark Mountains aboard the Arkansas & Missouri Railroad, an independent, Class III railroad serving a 139- mile corridor from Fort Smith, Arkansas to Monett, Missouri. The track winds through the river valleys, traverses high trestles, and cuts into a quarter-mile tunnel. The train boasts meticulously restored antique passenger cars, a first-class parlor car and a 1940's era Caboose, "Lil Toot". A winter wonderland right before your eyes.
- Tour of Terra Studios, the home of the original Blue Birds of Happiness, unique Christmas gifts, glass blowing and pottery barn. (Free admission). On your magical visit, discover whimsical creatures and Santa's elves in the sculpture garden. Tour the pottery showroom, watch potters in Santa's workshop, or watch a skilled glass elf create an original Blue Bird of Happiness.
- Visit Headquarters House to hear Mrs. Tebbets' tale of her strawberry and apple jam.(Fee of $10 per person) The House was built in 1853 by Judge Jonas Tebbets. The lovely, Greek revival home served as headquarters for both armies during the Civil War as each side took possession of the city. The House features museum quality antiques, historically accurate gardens, and Living History presentations.
For more information, contact Julie Pennington, Fayetteville Visitors Bureau, 21 South Block Avenue, Suite 100, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701, 800.766.4626 or email@example.com
1 Capitol Mall, 4A-900 - Little Rock, Arkansas 72201 | 1-800-872-1259 or (501) 682-7777 (V/TT)