Jacksonport State Park

205 Avenue Street
Newport, AR 72075

870-523-2143
jacksonport@arkansas.com
Go to website ยป

Facebook

Save to foursquare

The park features a historic 1872 courthouse with exhibits on its history and the area. Other facilities include courtyard, campground, pavilion, playground, picnic area, swimming beach, wildflower conservation area, trail and boat ramp with access to the White River. Pets must be leashed at all times. With its strategic position near the Mississippi and Arkansas Rivers, the town was occupied by both Confederate and Union armies during the war and served as the headquarters for five generals; site of the June 5, 1865 surrender of the Confederate Army of Northern Arkansas.