Jerome Relocation Center Historic Marker

1603 US 165 South
Jerome, AR 71666

Save to foursquare

Granite marker commemorates site of a World War II relocation center for Japanese-Americans; a white fence, some foundations from some of the administration buildings and the one of the hospital laundry smokestacks are all that remain of a facility that houses 8,497 at its zenith. After closing, it was used as a German POW camp until the end of the war in Europe.