Old Jail Museum

South side of Square
Greenwood, AR 72936

479-996-6357
info@greenwoodchamber.net
Go to website ยป

Save to foursquare

Occupied in April of 1891, the Sebastian County Quorum Court had the two-story solid rock building constructed as a "holding jail" for drunks and rabble rousers. Its use was discontinued in 1950 when prisoners were directly transported to Fort Smith. Now a museum filled with exhibits on South Sebastian County history. Open April-October. Special tours can be arranged through the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce.