Lake Village, AR 71653
Dr. Ruth Hawkins; Dr. Peggy Wright
Go to website »
Save to foursquare
Historic site near Lake Village, owned by Arkansas State University. The late 1850s (circa 1859), modified Greek Revival home built by Lycurgus Johnson is an official project of the Save America’s Treasures program through the National Park Service and the National Trust for Historic Preservation. It is the last remaining antebellum house on the Mississippi River in Arkansas that hasn’t been extensively altered. It has been restored as a museum focusing on the land’s transition from slavery to tenant farming.