White County Courthouse

300 North Spruce Street
Searcy, AR 72143-7723

501-279-6200
Go to website ยป

Save to foursquare

The present White County Courthouse, completed in 1871 and remodeled in 1912, is the oldest Arkansas courthouse still being used for its original purpose. The first story is constructed of cut stone, while brick is used on the second floor. The circuit/chancery courtroom has been restored to its original condition. The large clock tower includes an 1855 bell which resembles the Liberty Bell. A Civil War monument on the courthouse grounds was constructed in 1917.