Maness School House @ Fort Chaffee
7313 Terry Street
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Save to foursquare
The Maness School House, completed in February 1937, is the only building in the entire area that was not moved or destroyed when the Department of Defense acquired 72,000 acres to build Camp Chaffee. German POWs built the back porch in 1943. The school was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 29, 2003.