There may be nothing more enjoyable than a day of Arkansas ATV riding
down scenic wilderness trails, through rugged backcountry paths and
across beautiful national forests. However, as with all outdoor
activities, safety should be your number one concern. Check out these ATV riding safety tips to remember before hopping on an ATV.
- Do not carry passengers as ATVs are designed for one person.
- Wear a helmet with eye protection.
- Wear non-skid, closed toe shoes.
- Wear long pants and a long-sleeve shirt.
- There are laws that govern the use of ATVs on public roads. Be sure
you are aware of them. When riding at night, use proper safety
- Never use a 3-wheeler as they are unsafe and no longer manufactured.
- If you are new to the sport, attend an Arkansas ATV riding driver's safety course.
- Stay on the trail. Riding off trail and causing damage is why many
trails are being closed to the public. Respect the land so we will
continue to have places to ride.