Information about Fishing in Arkansas
Find Arkansas Fishing information here! From Arkansas fishing reports and weather updates to Arkansas fishing license information, we have everything you need to know about fishing in The Natural State.
- Where are the fish biting? What are the best trout rivers in Central Arkansas? Who are the most famous fisherman from The Natural State? What kind of packages are there for Arkansas fishing trips?
- If you've got questions about Arkansas fishing, we've got all the answers! From updated Arkansas fishing reports and weather updates to license details and information about fishing for beginners, Fishing-Arkansas.com offers a number of helpful links to get you started with your next on-water adventure.
- Arkansas Fishing Reports: The Arkansas Game & Fish Commission's weekly fishing report offers updated information from fishing guides across the state of Arkansas so you know when and where the fish are biting.
- Arkansas Fishing License Information: One thing you should never leave home without is your fishing license. Learn how and where to obtain your fishing license inside.
- State Records: If you need proof that Arkansas fishing is good, just take a look at these monster bass, catfish, trout and more — all of which were pulled from Arkansas rivers, lakes and ponds.
- Famous Arkansas Anglers: Larry Nixon. George Cochran. Mark Davis — it's no surprise that some of the most legendary anglers seen on TV today are native Arkansans. Who else is on the list?
- Families and Fishing: Arkansas fishing trips aren't just for hardcore anglers. They can be a great experience for weekend family getaways, or father and son outings. Come see what kind of fishing events await you in Arkansas.
- Trip Planning
- Fish Hatcheries: Fish hatcheries are not only vital for restocking Arkansas waters with trout and other kinds of fish, but they are fun for families to tour too. And, during annual fishing derbies, children can try their hands at landing a lunker!
- Fishing Articles: Find fishing articles pertaining to Arkansas fishing from around the country. Articles include features on Arkansas waterways as well as tips and hints for making you a better fisherman.
- Bait & Lures: Get a few hints for the best trout flies when fishing the Little Red River, White River or North Fork River, as well as determine when to use natural baits such as night crawlers and even marshmallows!
- Trip Packages: Many Arkansas fishing trips can be scheduled along with a cabin and/or guide service. Check out these special fishing trip packages.
- Tournament Facilities: Lake Dardanelle State Park is just one of the premier lakes in Arkansas for hosting fishing tournaments. Find out what it, and others, have to offer.
- Arkansas Weather: Arkansas weather changes like … well, the weather. Be sure to check the forecast before your next outing!
- Nature Centers:
Arkansas Game & Fish Commission Conservation Education Centers
Part classroom, part museum and part playground, the centers are helping visitors of all ages to better understand Arkansas’s wealth of natural surroundings.
Arkansas Game & Fish Commission Nature Centers
These centers are additional outlets that the AGFC Education Division uses for hands-on experience and education. Each center focuses on the natural elements and ecosystems found in its region of the state.
National Wildlife Refuge Centers
Arkansas Audubon Nature Centers
- Special Needs Anglers: No person should be without the joy of fishing. Check out these handicapped accessible fishing spots if you or someone you know has special needs.
- New to Fishing: New to fishing? One of the best ways to get information about Arkansas fishing is through the Arkansas Game and Fishing Commissions workshops.
- Newsletter Sign-up: Want regular information about Arkansas fishing? One of the best ways to stay up-to-date is with the Arkansas fishing newsletter featuring articles, tips fishing reports and more.