Fall Foliage Vacations

Find incredible colors on Arkansas fall foliage tours

Arkansas fall foliage

Embark on fall foliage tours in The Natural State and enjoy breathtaking views of stunningly vibrant landscapes in one of America's most picturesque autumn destinations. Many of Arkansas's visitors come during the autumn season for fall vacations that involve a mix of grand outdoor adventure, relaxation and self-guided fall color tours along scenic byways.

Keep up with our peak color updates here to plan fall foliage tours in The Natural State and discover why Arkansas is a prime spot for fall foliage vacations. Reports will be posted here every Thursday by 5 p.m. during the season so you can fine-tune your itinerary. Start making plans to travel through Arkansas this fall! You’ll find scenic beauty in every region of the state, from the forested hills to the wide open delta.



Central Arkansas

At the Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock, the trees along the promenade are showing tinges of yellow.

In North Little Rock near Burns Park and the Old Mill, color is just beginning to change and is still about 95% green, with some dogwoods showing a bit of red.

Near Plantation Agriculture Museum State Park in Scott, 10% of the foliage is showing fall color, including shades of red and yellow on the cypress and willow trees along the lakes and rivers. Keep an eye out for the spider lilies (lycoris radiata) along Horseshoe Lake!

Petit Jean State Park in Morrilton reports very little color change, with only about 1% of the foliage turning.


Northwest Arkansas

At Lake Dardanelle State Park in Russellville the leaves are just beginning to turn, with some of them “blushing” red!

In Harrison around the Welcome Center, green is the predominant color with about 5% of the leaves turning. A deep red accents the sumacs and a bronzy red is starting to become visible in the dogwoods. A few trees are showing small patches of yellow.

At the Siloam Springs Welcome Center, fall has yet to dot the landscape; the area’s color is reported 100% green.

In the Van Buren/Fort Smith area, trees are still green, with no color change reported.

At Withrow Springs State Park in Huntsville about 95% of the park’s landscape is still green, with yellows and red filling out the remaining 5%. Dogwoods and sycamores are both beginning to turn.


North Central Arkansas

For aerial shots taken this week of Mammoth Spring State Park in Mammoth Spring, visit our Fall Color Photos page!


Upper Delta

At Jacksonport State Park in Newport about 10% of the trees have turned, with reddish-orange predominating. Pecan and elm trees are showing a little red, and there is no noticeable change yet in the oak or cottonwood trees.

Village Creek State Park in Wynne reports 5% of the foliage turning, with the primary color being yellow, as seen on the tulip poplars.

Parkin Archeological State Park in Parkin and the Corning Welcome Center both report 100% green foliage.


Lower Delta

At the Arkansas Welcome Center in Lake Village, the area is still green, with a touch of yellow on the cypress trees.


Southwest Arkansas

Lake Catherine State Park in Hot Springs reports 1% of the foliage turning, with specks of yellow and brown visible.

At Queen Wilhelmina State Park in Mena, about 5% of Rich Mountain’s foliage now reveals yellows and reds. The drive toward Mena from Rich Mountain will show some color change.

The foliage in the Hope, Texarkana, Nashville and De Queen areas is still very green, with no color change reported.