Lower Delta Itinerary A:
Enchanting Lights for the Holiday Season
Southeast Arkansas is a great choice for a weekend getaway this holiday season. Start out in Pine Bluff, where the Timberlands region meets the Delta.
- After a restful night in Pine Bluff, head south toward Monticello.
- Along the way, make a stop at The Country Village in Star City. The Village is a collection of shops and restaurants housed in a quaint country village setting. You’ll find a lamp shop, home furnishings, a shoe store, a sweet shop, a bookstore, a bakery, a steak restaurant, a barbecue stand, jewelry store, and a toy shop.
- Also nearby is Cane Creek State Park. Located where the rolling terrain of the West Gulf Coastal Plain and the alluvial lands of the Delta meet, the park offers visitors the opportunity to explore two of Arkansas's distinct natural settings in one visit. Whether you choose to hike or bike or fish, you’ll experience the natural beauty and abundant wildlife that inhabit the area.
- Continuing south, head to Monticello for the next leg of your holiday adventure.
- Head downtown and check out the North Main Historic District. TheDrew County Historical Museum, housed in a home built in 1909, contains a wide array of artifacts from the area.
- Another great option is theTurner Neal Museum of Natural History, home to the Pomeroy Planetarium.
- There’s also Lake Monticello, a 1,520-acre lake that is rapidly gaining a reputation as a trophy bass lake. There’s a picnic area, concrete boat ramp, on-site bow range and model airplane airport.
- On Dec. 10, the 11th annual Santa Train rolls into the Main Street Mini Park at 11:30 a.m. The day offers visits with Santa & Mrs. Claus, along with drawings for toys and gifts, providing fun and excitement for all ages. Bring the children and enjoy rides on this fun holiday train. To learn more, visit http://montdrewchamber.com/montdrew.