Arkansas Marriage Requirements & Laws
Thorncrown Chapel, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
If you’re planning to tie the knot in the Natural State, you’ll want to take care of the Arkansas marriage requirements
ahead of time, so you don’t have to worry about it on your big day! Below is some useful information about the steps required for marriages in Arkansas, including Arkansas marriage license cost to Arkansas marriage laws. You have more serious matters to focus on, so we hope this information reduces your research time!
A list of county courthouses and their addresses where marriage licenses can be attained is found on the Association of Arkansas Counties website.
- Arkansas Marriage License cost is approximately $58.00 (cash only). No checks are accepted. No refunds. Price is determined by county.
- Males and females shall reach the age of 18 years to contract
for a marriage license in Arkansas. Males age 17 or females ages 16 or
17, may be married with parental consent. (For more information on this
call your local county court house in Arkansas).
- Males and females 21 or older may present a valid driver's
license showing their correct name and date of birth or any documents
Males and females 21 or under must present a state-certified copy of
their birth certificates or an active Military Identification Card or
If your name has changed through a divorce and your driver's license
does not reflect this change, you will need to bring a certified copy of
your divorce decree.
marriage licenses are valid for sixty (60) days. License must be
returned used or unused, within 60 days for recording or a $100 Bond
will be executed against all applicants for license.
- No medical/blood test or proof of residency are required for marriages in Arkansas.
- License may be used immediately or within the 60 day time
limit. (There is no waiting period required in Arkansas after a divorce
- The license may be used anywhere in the state of Arkansas, but
must be returned to the County Clerk's Office where you first applied.
- No witnesses are required for marriages in Arkansas. Marriages performed in Arkansas are recognized in all other states.
- For information on obtaining a wedding license, call 501-661-2336 or 800-637-9314.