What to know
The historic William Stone House in Colt is an example of a Plain Traditional house with applied Colonial Revival and Folk Victorian detail. Colt Pioneer Days, sponsored annually in September by the Colt Community Development Corporation (CCDC), is held at the house and includes gospel music, food booths, historical displays, informational booths, and handcrafts. The CCDC also holds periodic displays on the history of northern St. Francis County and is open by appointment. The town of Colt was incorporated in 1917 through a petition presented by William Stone, the first owner of this house. According to oral history, the house was constructed circa 1884 and reputedly is a Sears & Roebuck pre-fabricated house, though no documents are available to support these claims. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on October 8, 1992.