Lineup for 2014 “Walks Through History” Tours Announced
The 2014 schedule for the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program’s (AHPP) “Walks Through History” tours have been announced by the AHPP! These tours take place each year and during them, participants visit historic properties across the state.
During the “Walks Through History” program, AHPP historians each month provide free guided walking tours of historic structures and districts across Arkansas. Most tours begin at 11 a.m. on Saturdays. The lineup for next year includes:
*March 15, Downtown Forrest City
* April 12, Jasper Commercial Historic District
* May 10, Fredonia Cemetery near Stevens Creek in White County
* June 14, Moose Addition Historic District in Morrilton
* July 19, McCrory Commercial Historic District in Woodruff County
* August 9, Ozark Courthouse Square Historic District
* September 13, Downtown McGehee
* October 11, Downtown Bentonville
* November 15, Murfreesboro Courthouse Square,
* December 13, Taylor House and Cemetery/Hollywood Plantation near Winchester in Drew County
The AHPP is the agency of the Dept. of Arkansas Heritage responsible for preserving the state’s cultural resources. All “Walks Through History” tours are free and open to the public. For more information, you can call the AHPP at 501- 324-9880 or visit www.arkansaspreservation.org.