The Regional Arts Center in Texarkana is 100!
This Sunday (May 22) from 2-4pm, the Texarkana Regional Arts & Humanities Council (TRAHC) is celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Regional Arts Center in downtown Texarkana located at 321 W. 4th Street on the
corner of Texas Boulevard and Fourth Street.
The building opened in 1911 as a U.S. Federal Courthouse and in 1933 the building was donated to Bowie County. It has been the home of TRAHC since 1992 following a capital campaign to renovate the building that started in 1985. Its beautiful
Cabe Hall is frequently used to host weddings, social gatherings and parties among numerous TRAHC-hosted events throughout the year. The arch windows, marble floors, and gold leaf detailing make this building a true architectural beauty in town.
To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the building, TRAHC is hosting an ice cream social with entertainment by pianist Dan Smelser and the barbershop quartet Walnut Express. A special program takes place at 2:30pm with guest speakers including former Bowie County judges Ed Miller and James Carlow. The event is open to the public and free to attend.