Visit Website

L.C. & Daisy L. Bates Museum Foundation, Inc.

What to know

The house was purchased and built in 1955 by L.C. and Daisy Bates, Owners/publishers of The "Arkansas StatePress" which championed the rights of 9 Black Students to attend Central High School. The house was the virtual "command Post" for the army of people; military and civilians, engaged in bringing about the racial integration of Little Rock Central High School. The "Army of People" referenced above included members of The 82nd Airborne Division, neighbors, national and international media, The 9 Students and their parents, Civil Rights giants such as Attorneys Thurgood Marshall and Wiley Branton, SR. and The Reverends Dr. Martin King, Jr. and Rufus K. Young, SR.

1207 W. 28th St.
Little Rock, AR 72206
Phone