Dining out should be an experience—not just a meal, but a story you can share with friends for years to come. While Arkansas is home to many great restaurants, these select few are sure to serve up a bit of adventure with your order. Make plans to visit these unforgettable establishments around the state and enjoy some of the very best of the Arkansas dining scene.
- Doe’s Eat Place – A noted favorite spot of former President Bill Clinton when he served as Governor of Arkansas, this hole-in-the-wall joint sits in a quiet corner of downtown Little Rock and cooks up mouthwatering steaks, ribs and more.
- Rhoda’s Famous Tamales – Rhoda hand-crafts authentic tamales in true Delta fashion. Located in Lake Village, this iconic eatery is a must-visit for anyone in southeastern Arkansas.
- Jones BBQ – A popular barbeque pilgrimage, this James Beard award-winning spot serves up simple but savory sandwiches the likes of which you won’t taste anywhere else.
- Monte Ne Chicken – Tucked away on the side of a winding Ozark highway, Monte Ne is famous for its family-style all-you-can-eat fried chicken—complete with sides of vegetables, rolls and bean soup. Fact: No one has ever left Monte Ne hungry.
- Cotham’s Mercantile – A central Arkansas institution, Cotham’s is best known for its “hubcap” burgers, which are indeed quite large (and delicious). This charming rural restaurant regularly attracts locals from the surrounding farming communities.
- Lassis Inn – Blink and you’ll miss it: Lassis Inn is a bit tough to find even if you’re devoted to finding it. But those in search should persevere, for the eats here—especially the catfish—are seriously good.
- Ozark Café – Situated on a quaint avenue in downtown Jasper, this restaurant is the start and end point of many an adventure in the Ozarks. On any given day you’ll find mountain bikers, hikers, paddlers and locals swapping stories over unforgettable burgers and milkshakes.
Plan a foodie vacation to Arkansas and experience these seven ways to eat authentic Arkansas cuisine with a little something extra.