Visit Website

Leake-Ingham Library

What to know

The 1850 Greek Revival structure served as a regional Freedman's Bureau after the Civil War. It was first a law office (for attorney William W. Leake), then the Freedman's Bureau and then served as Camden's first public library. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is believed to be the last remaining Freedman's Bureau left in Arkansas.
926 West Washington Street
Camden, AR 71701