National Park Service
In 1832, 40 years before the creation of Yellowstone National Park, Congress established Hot Springs Reservation to protect hot springs flowing from Hot Springs Mountain. And in 1921, Hot Springs became the 18th national park in the National Park Service. Today the park encompasses 5,500 acres and protects eight historic bathhouses with the former luxurious Fordyce Bathhouse housing the park visitor center. The entire “Bathhouse Row” area is a National Historic Landmark District that contains the grandest collection of bathhouses of its kind in North America.
Gulpha Gorge Recreation Area & Campground (F-4)
24 RV/Tent with W/E/S; 12 Tent with no hookups
0.5 mile northeast of Hot Springs off Hwy. 7 Spur. Exit off U.S. 70 on east side of town.
The National Park is noted for its thermal springs and bathhouses, hiking trails through forested mountain terrain, and summer interpretive programs. The visitor center is located in the former Fordyce Bathhouse on Bathhouse Row. It is open for self-guided tours, exhibits, an introductory movie and a movie showing the traditional bath routine.
Central flush toilets, pedestal grills, tables, water, and trailer dump station (for registered campers only).Camping limit: 14 days per year. No reservations accepted. (Open year-round). User's fee charged for camping. Senior and Access Passports apply.