Welcome to Employment Opportunities with the Arkansas Department Parks and Tourism.
We have developed this Internet job opportunity page to help you better understand our Department and employment opportunities. As State government employees, we are responsible for making sure taxpayers' money is spent effectively and efficiently. We are obligated to serve the public fairly and courteously. We gladly accept these responsibilities and know a rewarding career is possible with our Department.
I wish you the best of luck and success in your career search and choices. An interesting and challenging experience awaits employees of the Department of Parks and Tourism. We may be the employer for you.
The Mission of the Department of Parks and Tourism is:
- to provide optimum quality state park recreation facilities conveniently located and in sufficient quantity to meet the needs of all state citizens and visitors;
- to provide adequate facilities and skilled leadership for developing and safeguarding natural resources;
- to enhance the economic impact of tourism in the state and increase the state's tax base;
- to collect, preserve, and make available for public use historical items and resource materials;
- to enhance the quality of life for all citizens;
- to provide executive direction and effective administration of fiscal controls, accounting, purchasing, internal audit, personnel management, and public information for all divisions of the Department;
- to provide executive direction that advocates efficiency in state government and wise stewardship of taxpayer dollars; and
- to promote associated social, cultural and economic values.
We Provide Equal Opportunities and Do Not Discriminate
The Department of Parks and Tourism is committed to the concept and practice of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability. This commitment is supported by our positive and practical efforts to implement a policy of nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action.
The Department of Parks and Tourism complies with the nondiscrimination provisions of State and Federal regulations. Our Department recruits, hires, and promotes employees without discriminating. Personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returning from layoffs, training, education, and tuition assistance are not approved or denied on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability.
Our Department offers an excellent benefit package including immediate accrual of annual and sick leave, eleven paid holidays, and a contributory retirement plan. Our Department pays the major portion of medical health insurance for full-time employees and offers several medical plans from which to choose. These plans range from an indemnity plan with a PPO option to HMO's.
Other benefits include maternity leave, court and jury duty leave, military leave and a catastrophic illness leave program as well as Family and Medical leave. Employees with our Department may choose to participate in a deferred compensation plan and various options for life insurance, accident insurance, cancer care and intensive care insurance. Employees are also able to participate in the Arkansas Cafeteria Plan which is a program designed to allow an employee to pay for group health and life insurance premiums, dependent day care and out-of-pocket medical care costs tax free. All employees of our Department are also covered under workers' compensation and unemployment insurance.
How To Apply For Our Jobs
We only accept applications submitted online through the Arkansas State Jobs website: www.ARStateJobs.com. After reviewing our vacancies listed here, you may follow the link above to begin the application process. You will need to list the job title and/or position number to locate the vacancy listing, so make note of that information.
Nothing in our application process, its language, policies or procedures, establishes, constitutes or implies an employment contract, the guarantee of employment or benefits, or employment for any specific duration. The Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism is an "at-will" employer. We hope our employment relationship is long-term; however, either you or our Department may end this relationship, at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
Applications are only accepted through www.ARStateJobs.com.