What to know
Connecting with Craft is a free event, during American Craft Week, encouraging people to make connections with the handmade traditions of the Ozarks, the craft artisans of Stone County, Arkansas, and the natural beauty that inspires their works. Admission to all events is free.
For a chance to win handcrafted prizes, post your experience on your favorite social media. Use the hashtag #Connectingwithcraft or share your post on the Connecting with Craft Facebook page.
Schedule and locations
9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Open House in the Craft Village at the Ozark Folk Center State Park, 1032 Park Avenue, Mountain View. Visit with more than 20 demonstrating crafts people in their studios in the park. Admission is free for the open house.
9 a.m. to 12 noon – Painting Demonstration at the Paintin’ Place, 206 School Avenue, Mountain View. courtesy of the Mountain View Art Guild http://www.mountainviewartguild.com/.
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – The Fried Pie Ladies will be demonstrating making and selling that good old southern favorite – fried pies at the Mountain View Meeting Place, 106 East Washington. https://www.facebook.com/mtnviewmeetingplace/
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Pottery Demonstrations by Becki Dahlstedt at the Arkansas Craft School, corner of Main and Peabody in Mountain View. http://www.offthebeatenpathstudiotour.com/david-becki-dahlstedt-mountain-view-pottery/
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. –
· Wire bending art demonstrations by Jane Schroeder at the Arkansas Craft Gallery, 104 East Main, Mountain View. http://www.arkansascraftguild.org/
· Twisted H Leather, 114 A W. Main Street will be demonstrating making their custom leather belts, bags, knife sheaths, holsters and more. https://www.twistedhleather.com/
· Ritsy Rags Quilt Shop – Fabric wrapped clothesline bowl making demonstration, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. 112 Howard Avenue, Mountain View. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ritzy-Rags-Quilt-Shop/210548239053049
· Mountain View Art Guild Show and Sale at the Arkansas Craft School, corner of Main & Peabody. http://arkansascraftschool.org/
· Stonebrook Fudge will be demonstrating fudge making, 116 W. Main. https://www.stonebrookfudgefactory.com/
· Dulcimer Shoppe - Watch dulcimers being made and try your hand a playing one, 1104 Sylamore Avenue, Mountain View. https://mcspaddendulcimers.com/shop/
· Sewing demonstrations at Aunt Minnie’s Little Yellow House, 116 Howard Avenue, Mountain View – learn how to sew lettuce leaf hems and pin tucks with Jana Cash Wickham and Pat Cash. https://www.facebook.com/auntminniesyellowhouse/
11 a.m. – Photography tour at Blanchard Springs, led by Ed Alexander, Wildcat Mountain Studio. Tour starts in the parking lot at the Springs. Please bring your camera and be prepared to walk a bit. 704 Blanchard Springs Road, Fifty-Six. Arkansas, off Highway 14. https://www.wildcat-mountain-photography.com/
12 noon to 8 p.m. – Gravity BrewWorks, 11512, AR Highway 14 East, Big Flat, AR 72617, Craft beer nano brewery with tours on request during the day. There will be food trucks on site, so you can have a meal with your beer. http://www.gravitybrewworks.com/
1 p.m. – Photography tour at Blanchard Springs, led by Ed Alexander, Wildcat Mountain Studio. Tour starts in the parking lot at the Springs. 704 Blanchard Springs Road, Fifty-Six. Arkansas, off Highway 14. Please bring your camera and be prepared to walk a bit. https://www.wildcat-mountain-photography.com/
6 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Reception and prize drawing at Gravity BrewWorks, 11512, AR Highway 14 East, Big Flat, AR 72617 http://www.gravitybrewworks.com/