What to know
Searcy County is "The Best Place on Earth" to view the 2024 Total Solar Eclipse, so says author Amanda Rose of California! Why? Already Naturally Dark Skies, the Buffalo National River, Ozark Mountain Spring Beauty, Waterfalls, Hiking Trails, great Food, etc! Mark your calendars for April 4th through April 8th, 2024 as we will see a Total Solar eclipse here on 8 April in the gorgeous Arkansas Ozarks! People from all over the world are already making plans for this spectacular event! Event planners are underway to ensure that Searcy County is a GREAT place to enjoy the eclipse. And don't wait until 2024 to make your lodging reservations. Historically, hotels, cabin rentals, lodges, RV parks, and campgrounds sell out months in advance as people come to have ringside seats.
Eclipse Lodging for 4-8 April 2024: 100% Totality! The Solar Eclipse of 2024 | Searcy County Chamber of Commerce (searcycountyarkansas.org)
**Events for 4-8 April 2024
* Jonnie W. Comedy - Home - Ozark Heritage Arts Center 6 April, 6 PM
* NASA Livestream - Ozark Heritage Arts Center 8 April
* Searcy County Quilt Show, 5-6 April at the Searcy County Civic Center in Marshall, Theme is Solar E "clips"
* The Wiede Family Traditional Folk Music Show, 5-6 April, Veteran's Hall in Marshall
St. Joe/Tyler Bend/Pindall
* Witts Springs Music Event, 4-6 April, 6pm, at the Witts Springs School, Nothin' Fancy, Carolina Mendoza! Nothin Fancy is a Grammy nominated band from Virginia.
* Dustin Reid Memorial ATV Poker Run, Sat. April 6th. Registration 7:30-9:00am. Call (870) 496-2440.
* Eclipse Cycling Event
- Family Friendly