What to know
Restored historic cemetery is final resting place of over 250 marked graves of Confederate soldiers; Rev. Porter Clay, brother of orator Henry Clay; and other prominent South Arkansas pioneers; The first known grave bears a monument reading, “First grave in Cemetery. The body of an unknown little girl who died on a flat bottom boat on the Ouachita River was buried before 1840. Chain around the grave was from old anchor chain from the boat.” Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.