Sign Up Now to Participate in the 17th Annual Trail of Holiday Lights
The holidays bring cheer and good will to all. They also bring visitors out to see bright lights and spectacular displays celebrating the season.
The deadline for entering your information for the Holiday Trail of Lights is Monday, October 15. Please submit your information on or before that date.
Now is the time to join in the 17th annual Trail of Holiday Lights. We’re inviting all Arkansas communities that host holiday displays and events to participate in the 2012 Trail of Holiday Lights. This program is designed to increase travel and tax revenues during late November and December – and that benefits your community.
This year we’ve updated the program with an interactive upgrade to our Trail of Holiday Lights microsite. Now visitors searching for events can find them all at one stop – along with stories about the holidays and special events from our staff of travel writers; a full calendar of related events; photos from around the state and special deals and coupons for the holiday season.
Please review the eligibility guidelines below to determine if your community meets the criteria for the Trail of Holiday Lights. If you know of other towns or organizations that would like to participate, please pass this message along.
If you meet those requirements and want to participate, log on to https://www.arkansas.com/places-to-go/trail-of-lights/submit.aspx
and complete the online form. Be sure to enter your event early; many of those who seek out holiday light displays, parades and fun events begin their planning early. While there is no set deadline, it is up to your community to make sure your information is available. The new site goes live October 24, and advertising for this program will direct guests to check it out. Make sure your information is up to date and ready to go.
The new Trail of Holiday Lights microsite also allows your community to make any changes or updates whenever they happen – so if it rains on your parade or the lights go out instead of on, you can reschedule immediately for another date! Have a change in venue? A special guest who’s suddenly decided to join in the fun at your celebration? You can add that, too!
Check out these standards, and if you qualify, put your listing in and get ready to celebrate the season with the Trail of Holiday Lights
The Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism’s Trail of Holiday Lights Program
Eligibility Guidelines for Participation
1. Your lighting program should have the support of the local chamber of commerce.
2. Shops and restaurants located near the lighting display should agree to extend hours to take advantage of the increased traffic.
3. Lights should be on 5-11 p.m. daily from the Monday before Thanksgiving through Sunday, December 25, unless otherwise noted in your listing.
4. The community should provide the name and phone number of a contact person to be available 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. every weekday from the Monday before Thanksgiving through December 25. This name and number will be listed on the website.
5. The above-mentioned contact number should be answered by a recorded message when no one is available to answer the phone personally.
Submitted by the Arkansas Department of Parks & Tourism
One Capitol Mall, Little Rock, AR 72201, 501-682-7606
May be used without permission. Credit line is appreciated:
"Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism"