What is the Extranet?
The extranet is the stakeholder information hub for the Arkansas Tourism’s database of all the great things to see and do in The Natural State. Thousands of potential travelers – and customers – visit Arkansas.com to look for information every month.
This free marketing tool provides a platform for Arkansas businesses offering tourism-related services to reach a national audience. It is the responsibility of the account owner to keep information updated and accurate. Our office does not manage outdated listings or events.
Please note that the extranet serves as Arkansas Tourism’s primary tool for determining events and activities to promote within our strategy. If you aren’t listed, you are missing out.
Arkansas.com Listings, Deals & Events Guidelines
The following guidelines will help you determine if your listing qualifies for an Arkansas.com Extranet listing, deal or event.
These guidelines were developed based on user research to determine the type of information visitors expect to find on our site and in our publications. Please keep in mind that our goal is to provide information for visitors on fun and exciting things to see and do while traveling in Arkansas. We ask the question, “Is this an event/listing a traveler would plan their vacation around/with?” If not, and if posted, we pose the risk of becoming irrelevant to our audience.
Approval/rejection of all submissions is at the sole discretion of Arkansas Tourism, which reserves the right to edit or refuse any listing. Some listings may be approved by correcting your submission following the instructions provided. Those re-submitted without corrections may be deleted from the system.
Please remember that these are only general guidelines. Please contact Arkansas Tourism directly with any questions or concerns, and we will happily provide additional help: extranet.arkansas.com/support-request
What can I submit as a tourism business listing?
- Only businesses with a physical address within Arkansas state borders will be able to have a listing on Arkansas.com.
- A business’s physical location or headquarters will determine the city/region the listing is displayed on within our website. No alternative city can be selected.
- Businesses must offer a leisure tourism-related activity or place to stay.
- All businesses must be open to the public and have regular hours. No businesses that are “appointment only” will be listed. If a business has no physical address and only a P.O. Box, it will not be listed.
- By posting content and photos to a listing on Arkansas.com, you are confirming that all assets, both written and visual, are your property and that you/the business have the rights to all information on the listing.
- By posting content and photos to a listing on our website, you are allowing Arkansas Tourism to use the information/photos for marketing purposes beyond a listing.
Examples of businesses generally not eligible for our extranet:
- Standard retail establishments (i.e. grocery stores, hardware stores, pharmacies)
- Fast food franchises (exceptions for Arkansas-based franchises)
- Organizations, groups, clubs etc. (except for convention and visitor bureaus and regional tourism organizations)
- Businesses that do not have a physical address inside the state of Arkansas.
What can I submit as a tourism event?
- Prominent events open to the general public and actively marketed to audiences statewide and/or nationwide
- Events showcasing a town’s unique character or heritage
- Festivals providing activities of interest to travelers
- County fairs
- Major and minor league sporting events (individual games or the season)
- By posting content and photos to an event on Arkansas.com, you are confirming that all assets, both written and visual, are your property and that you/the business have the rights to all information on the listing.
- By posting content and photos to an event on Arkansas.com, you are allowing Arkansas Tourism to use the information/photos for marketing purposes beyond a listing.
What generally does NOT qualify to submit as a tourism event?
- Events closed to any segment of the general public for any reason
- Family or class reunions, church functions, etc.
- Retail sales and yard sales not associated with a special tourism event
- Pageants, other than statewide or regional pageants
- Book club meetings, etc.
- Listings submitted without a website, social media profile or other contact information that provides more information
- Summer camp schedules
- Civic club and community meetings
- High school sporting events
- Conference dates
Each business is allowed a free listing on Arkansas.com. You can choose up to five categories for your business. These categories determine how your listing will be displayed throughout the site. Please note that your categories will be reviewed for accuracy by Arkansas Tourism staff.
Listings, events and deals with photos will be given priority sorting over those without.
Arkansas.com City Page Guidelines
The following guidelines pertain to city page edit requests on Arkansas.com.
All city page content and updates are at the sole discretion of Arkansas Tourism and require approval. Arkansas Tourism reserves the right to edit or update any city page at any point, regardless of any submitted updates.
City Page Specs
- Body Copy/Text:
- Can edit existing copy/text or provide new
- All text must be between minimum 300 characters*, maximum 700 characters*
*Number of characters includes spaces and punctuation
- Photos: (photos are optional)
- Hero Image- located at top of the page - Image Size = 1000 pixels (W) x 300 pixels (H)
- Other Images:
- Photos may be included in the body copy as well; we recommend one image but allow up to seven
- General photo guidelines
- You must submit photos with a brief caption for each photo
- Image File Specifications = JPG or GIF, RGB, and at least 72 dpi/ppi or higher
- All other photo restrictions apply (i.e, nothing lewd or inappropriate, etc)
- Arkansas Tourism has the right to refuse any photos
- Nothing else on the page can be updated or changed.
- Listings are randomized listings from that city
- “Related Content” is also randomized based on the region of the city
- No ads appear on the page but if changed they would also be randomized ads running across Arkansas.com and not necessarily related to that city
- A city that wants more control/options/promotion and complete ownership of a page, refer to CJRW Sales for “Featured Destination Page” purchase options