What is the Extranet?
The extranet is the stakeholder information hub for the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism’s database of all the great things to see and do in The Natural State. Thousands of potential travelers – and customers – visit Arkansas.com to look for information every month.
This free marketing tool provides a platform for Arkansas businesses offering tourism-related services to reach a national audience. It is the responsibility of the account owner to keep information updated and accurate. Our office does not manage outdated listings or events.
Please note that the extranet serves as ADPT’s primary tool for determining events and activities to promote within our strategy. If you aren’t listed, you are missing out.
Arkansas.com Listings, Deals & Events Guidelines
The following guidelines will help you determine if your listing qualifies for an Arkansas.com Extranet listing, deal or event.
These guidelines were developed based on user research to determine the type of information visitors expect to find on our site and in our publications. Please keep in mind that our goal is to provide information for visitors on fun and exciting things to see and do while traveling in Arkansas. We ask the question, “Is this an event/listing a traveler would plan their vacation around/with?” If not, and if posted, we pose the risk of becoming irrelevant to our audience.
Approval/rejection of all submissions is at the sole discretion of ADPT, which reserves the right to edit or refuse any listing. Some listings may be approved by correcting your submission following the instructions provided. Those re-submitted without corrections may be deleted from the system.
Please remember that these are only general guidelines. Please contact ADPT directly with any questions or concerns, and we will happily provide additional help: extranet.arkansas.com/support-request
What can I submit as a tourism business listing?
- Only businesses with a physical address within Arkansas state borders will be able to have a listing on Arkansas.com.
- A business’s physical location or headquarters will determine the city/region the listing is displayed within our website. No alternative city can be selected.
- Businesses must offer a leisure tourism-related activity or place to stay.
- All businesses must be open to the public and have regular hours. No businesses that are “appointment only” will be listed. If a business has no physical address and only a P.O. Box, it will not be listed.
- By posting content and photos to a listing on Arkansas.com, you are confirming that all assets, both written and visual, are your property and that you/the business have the rights to all information on the listing.
- By posting content and photos to a listing on our website, you are allowing ADPT to use the information/photos for marketing purposes beyond a listing.
Examples of businesses generally not eligible for our extranet:
- Standard retail establishments (i.e. grocery stores, hardware stores, pharmacies)
- Fast food franchises (exceptions for Arkansas-based franchises)
- Organizations, groups, clubs etc. (except for convention and visitor bureaus and regional tourism organizations)
- Businesses that do not have a physical address inside the state of Arkansas.
What can I submit as a tourism event?
- Prominent events open to the general public and actively marketed to audiences statewide and/or nationwide
- Events showcasing a town’s unique character or heritage
- Festivals providing activities of interest to travelers
- County fairs
- Major and minor league sporting events (individual games or the season)
- By posting content and photos to an event on Arkansas.com, you are confirming that all assets, both written and visual, are your property and that you/the business have the rights to all information on the listing.
- By posting content and photos to an event on Arkansas.com, you are allowing ADPT to use the information/photos for marketing purposes beyond a listing.
What generally does NOT qualify to submit as a tourism event?
- Events closed to any segment of the general public for any reason
- Family or class reunions, church functions, etc.
- Retail sales and yard sales not associated with a special tourism event
- Pageants, other than statewide or regional pageants
- Book club meetings, etc.
- Listings submitted without a website, social media profile or other contact information that provides more information
- Summer camp schedules
- Civic club and community meetings
- High school sporting events
- Conference dates
Each business is allowed a free listing on Arkansas.com. You can choose up to five categories for your business. These categories determine how your listing will be displayed throughout the site. Please note that your categories will be reviewed for accuracy by ADPT staff.
Listings, events and deals with photos will be given priority sorting over those without.