Griffithville is a town is about 15 miles from Searcy. In the late 1890s, the Rock Island Railroad built a short line through the area to open the land for the timber industry. The community was named Griffithville after the surveyor of the community, whose last name was Griffith. The town was incorporated in 1905 and a bank was also chartered that year. The bank remains in business as part of First Security Bank. Two houses and the WPA school building are on the National Register of Historic Places.
Information courtesy of The Encyclopedia of Arkansas History & Culture.