Gretchen Hall named ‘Tourism Person of the Year’
Arkansas tourism partners from across the state tonight honored the 2019 winners of the annual “Henry Awards” during a ceremony at the 45th Arkansas Governor’s Conference on Tourism, held February 24-26 in Hot Springs. The Henry Awards honor individuals and organizations that have made important contributions to the state’s tourism industry in the preceding year.
Cynthia Dunlap, interim executive director of the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism, served as master of ceremonies and Governor Asa Hutchinson and Miss Arkansas Claudia Raffo assisted in the presentation of the awards.
The winners were:
- Tourism Person of the Year: Gretchen Hall
- Media Support Award: Gary Jones Video
- Bootstrap Award: Melba Theater, Batesville
- Arkansas Heritage Award: George’s Majestic Lounge, Fayetteville
- Grand Old Classic Special Event Award: Old Soldiers Reunion, Mammoth Spring
- Outstanding Volunteer Service Award: Central Arkansas Trail Alliance
- Community Tourism Development Award: Helena Advertising & Promotion Commission
- The Natural State Award: Fort Smith Bicentennial Celebration
- Crystal Award: Geneva Lamm and Gina Marchese Pharis
The Henry Awards have been a feature of the annual Arkansas Governor’s Conference on Tourism since their debut in 1981. The awards are named for Henri de Tonti, founder of Arkansas Post in 1686, and who is often hailed as the first “Arkansas Traveler.”
For more information, contact Leigha Jones at 501-682-1676 or email [email protected]
About Arkansas Tourism
Arkansas Tourism, a division of the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism, strives to expand the economic impact of travel and tourism in the state and enhance the quality of life for all Arkansans. The division manages 14 Arkansas Welcome Centers and employs more than 60 staff members across The Natural State. For more information, visit www.arkansas.com.
Submitted by the Arkansas Department of Parks & Tourism
One Capitol Mall, Little Rock, AR 72201, 501-682-7606
E-mail: [email protected]
May be used without permission. Credit line is appreciated:
"Arkansas Department of Parks & Tourism"